Sonoma & Napa California
ITC, in partnership with The Hanna Institute, will be conducting a full day immersion seminar for health care practitioners
This 7-hour professional development seminar explores the relationship between mind-body medicine and its impact on reducing traumatic stress in both clients and providers. The exploration includes the practice of mindfulness in medical, social and psychological practice fields stemming from the science of mind-body medicine and the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
Participants will work in pairs and groups to practice trauma responsive step-by-step mindfulness and body-based practices that will allow them to increase their awareness of how to alter autonomic reactions in the present moment.
Participants will learn about:
- The history of mind body medicine and definitions of mindfulness.
- How to ‘locate’ the mind.
- Mindfulness and complete breathing protocols
- Sensorimotor Regulation and traumatic stress responses
- Neural Energy Pathways and arousal regulation
- The Poly-vagal system and the “brain gut”
- Heart rate variability and non-verbal communication
- Survival Mindfulness and adaptation
- Co-regulation, attunement and attachment
- Drumming as a mind body healing ritual